Monday, August 23, 2010

Meet the Artist - Seema Goel

(Photo courtesy of Paul McGuckin www.landscapeireland.com)

Here is an introduction to Seema, the brains behind this whole project, in her own words.

I am a Canadian multimedia artist focusing on human-animal, human-place, and human-human relationships. Using an eclectic range of materials (from projections on buildings to taxidermied animals), I employ humour and irony to draw the viewer into the deeper content of the work. My interests and training straddle both the arts and sciences and I seek to engage both these disciplines in the work.

I have been addicted to school for some time. I hold a B.Sc. from McGill, an Associate Arts diploma from the Ontario College of Art and Design, an MFA in sculpture from the Rhode Island School of Design. I am currently completing an interdisciplinary M.Sc. between engineering and fine art focusing on public architecture, sustainable energy, and aesthetics. At the moment I am privileged to be the artist in residence for Inishowne for the LEONARDO/ Donegal Regional Cultural Centre project “Lovely Weather” in Donegal, Ireland, examining climate change, micro-economics, and local autonomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment